Wednesday 6 February 2013

Day 9

Brunch - 298 calories

100 grams of Honey Roast Ham - 110 calories
36 grams of Sundried Tomatoes (canned, drained) - 55 calories
28 grams of Artichoke Heats  (canned) - 30 calories
2 Ryvita crackerbread  - 38 calories
1 pot of Strawberry Yogurt - 65 calories

Dinner - 200 calories

60 grams of boiled Basmati Rice - 78 calories

Mixed Mushroom Strogonoff - 122 calories

   - 150 grams of Mixed Mushrooms - Portobello, Shitake and Baby Button Mushrooms (24 calories)
   - 50 grams of Onions (21 calories)
   - 100 grams of Fromage Frais (46 calories)
   - 30 grams of Tomato Puree (14 calories)
   - Half teaspoon of Mustard (5 calories)
   - 7 sprays of Fry Light (7 calories)
   - Vegetable stock - (5 calories)



Grand Total - 498 

And how did it go?

Well, let me first get this off my chest: I am such an amazing cook! There, I said it! Seriously, the Mixed Mushroom Strogonoff came out really good, by far the best dinner so far. I had made two portions, as I was again planning on freezing one for a latter fast day (even though I am not completely sure you can freeze Fromage Frais), but my boyfriend asked if he could have a little taste and ended up eating the whole thing. He has even made me promise I'd cook this again.

To prepare the Strogonoff, simply fry - as well as you can with that Fry-Light thing - the onions, add the mushrooms and some stock and season well with salt, pepper and parsley. Throw in the puree and the mustard and let it cook for 5 minutes or so. Finally, turn the heat down and stir in the fromage frais. You might need to adjust the seasoning, as the cream tones it down a bit. And it is done!

Switching to two meals a day has its advantages, so I was able to eat bigger portions when I did get to ingest something. Lunch was dead easy, pretty repetitive of previous days, but this is what you get when you don't prepare the day before. Apart from the lack of meal planning, I was absolutely fine with just the two meals a day and don't foresee any problems to continue with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment