Thursday 10 January 2013

So, how did Day 1 go?

Not so bad, actually. It wasn't exactly easy, but it wasn't exactly difficult either. Yes, I was hungry at points and no, those meals didn't really keep me full for long, but you know what? It does require some willpower, but it is totally doable. 

Best bits about the menu was the eggs for breakfast and the chicken with vegetables for dinner. I felt satiated after I had them and I will be repeating those meals again, unlike my dinner from Day 2, but that's something for tomorrow...

When I tell people about this little fasting project, the first thing most people say is: you'll be weak, you won't be able to concentrate, you'll feel faint. However, I did my first "fast day" on a Monday and my work wasn't compromised and I went to the gym during my lunch break and had a 40-minute Boxercise class, packed with push-ups, sit-ups, star jumps and punches and I felt like a had a lot of energy. Camila actually ran 5k in 37 minutes on a "fast day".

I have to point, though, that this was during my lunch break, I really think that if I had left to go to the gym after work I wouldn't have the same energy, as at about 5ish I started feeling hungry. It was the first time I was actually hungry, instead of simply peckish, but that was easily solved, as I was about to go home and have some food. What was really comforting is the fact that I knew that the next day I could eat whatever I wanted and I  ended up fantasising a lot about what amazing things I would eat the next day. And that, my friends, made me feel really chubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment