Friday 29 March 2013

Day 18

Brunch - 136 calories

2 Biltong packets (70 grams) - 136 calories

Dinner - 368 calories

Burguer patty
   - 100 grams of mince (185 calories)
   - 10 grams of Red Onion (5 calories) 
   - 5 grams of Dijon Mustard (11 calories)

1 Slice of Wholemeal Bread - 83 calories
1 Slice of Wafer Thin Smoked Ham - 12 calories
1 Light Laughing Cow Cheese Triangle - 25 calories
15 mls of Ketchup - 18 calories
150 grams of Mushroom - 24 calories
Handful of Salad - 5 calories 







Grand Total - 504 calories 

And how did it go?

A great find today, people: Biltong. Low calories and full of protein, so very filling. My boyfriend and I met his parents for lunch at a pub today and this is what I had, two packets of beef jerky. Yep, beef jerky and diet coke... Happy times!

Anyway, since I had only spent 136 calories on lunch, I could splash out on some bread at dinner. This is another one of Camila's tips and she served the burger on a Portobello mushroom and topped it with an egg-white omelette. Since I didn't have a Portobello mushroom, just loads of small mixed mushrooms, and some calories from lunch to spend, this is what I came up with. Comfort food for this very cold bank holiday.

One thing I do is spend a lot of time at the supermarket looking at labels. With only 500/600 calories on your budget, any 20-30 calories variance can make or break your planned meal. Choose your products and portions wisely and you can have pretty much whatever you want on a fast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment